Have you done this yet? You MUST do this. This sits at the top of my to-do list every year. However, I have to admit....it's really not my favorite thing jumping into the icy cold waters of the Puget Sound the first morning of January, but one very redeeming factor is the invigorating energy that follows...which is why I recommend it to all. Here on Bainbridge, we have a tradition that many follow which is to meet up at Lytle Beach around noon (arrive early to find parking) and race into the water together to mark the start of the year. This year's weather doesn't show rain and the snow is gone so NO excuses! It's a fun tradition and really great for the kids.
January 1, 2018 at 12:00
From downtown Winslow
1. Head south on WA-305 S toward Winslow Way E
2. Take the 1st right onto Winslow Way E for 0.3 mi
3. Turn right onto Madison Ave N for 0.3 mi
4. Take the 1st left onto Wyatt Way NW for 0.9 mi
5. Turn left onto Eagle Harbor Dr NE for 0.2 mi
6. Continue onto Bucklin Hill Rd NE for 0.3 mi
7. Turn right onto NE Bucklin Hill Rd for 0.2 mi
8. Slight left onto Lynwood Center Rd NE for 1.3 mi
9. Continue onto Pleasant Beach Dr NE for 0.6 mi
10. Turn right onto Lytle Rd NE
See you there!