The Pacific Northwest was well represented at the 2013 Global Networking Event (GNE) held June 2-5 in Los Angeles as more than 1,400 brokers from around the world converged at a fully-booked LA Live. While Realogics Sotheby’s International Realty represented only a small fraction of the audience, the company and the region received significant attention throughout the conference.
“I could not be more proud of our team and how well regarded our boutique firm has become after just three years of operation within this global realty network,” said Dean Jones, President & CEO of Realogics Sotheby’s International Realty. “More importantly I know our participating team members left the convention inspired, motivated and honored to be associated with this incredible Brand. They made important contacts for referrals around the world, learned best practices and witnessed firsthand the quality of this real estate franchise. As mentioned by our President Philip White – we are in a category of one.”
RSIR executives attending included Dean Jones, President & CEO; Stacy Jones, Vice President and Owner; and Andrea Savage, Marketing Manager. Participating RSIR brokers included Kristi Nelson, Connie Blumenthal, Julie Biniasz, Maja Butler, Libby Buckley, Sam Cunningham, Cassie Daughtrey, Carrie DeBuys, Chris Doucet, Jason Gibbons, Alex Hayes, Moira Holley, Rick Maynard, Suzanne Singleton, Scott Wasner, Bob Wold, Brad Vancour and Jessica Xu. A select number of brokers that considered joining Realogics Sotheby’s International Realty also made the journey to confirm their new appointments to the Brand (each later joined)The event speakers included Philip White, CEO Sotheby’s International Realty Affiliates LLC; Henry Howard Sneyd, Executive Vice President, North America, Sotheby’s; Amy Todd Middleton, Senior Vice President, Global Strategic Marketing, Sotheby’s; Richard A. Smith, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President, Realogy Holdings Corp.; Alex Perriello, President and Chief Executive Officer, Realogy Franchise Group; and Wendy Purvey, Chief Marketing Officer, Sotheby’s International Realty Affiliates LLC. Collectively the executive teams provided an informative overview on the current state of affairs and projections relative to the auction house, the Sotheby’s International Real estate network and the Realogy conglomerate – the largest real estate network in the world.
The dynamic keynote speakers included the following:
Erik Wahl is an internationally recognized graffiti artist, author and entrepreneur. Erik’s on stage painting seamlessly becomes a visual metaphor to the core of his message, encouraging organizations toward profitability through innovation and superior levels of performance. Erik’s understanding of vision was originally born in the school of disappointment. After an eight year career as a partner in a corporate firm, he became frustrated by the lack of innovative thought and corresponding profits he saw in business. So he set out to challenge companies to change their way of thinking, while simultaneously pursuing his own individual passions. He rediscovered his love for art and now plays in the business world by working through his art. In the past 10 years, he has shared his incredible message with the largest and most influential companies in the world, leaving behind his prized artwork as a reminder of his passion for breakthrough thinking. He’s the Warhol of Wall Street, the Renoir of ROI, the Picasso of Productivity, the Jobs of… well, having a Job.
Joe Calloway is a business author, performance consultant and restaurant owner whose client list reads like a “Who’s Who” in business. From Saks Fifth Avenue and BMW to American Express and IBM, a wide range of companies depend on Joe for insight into today’s marketplace. Joe is on the faculty of The Center for Professional Development at Belmont University, and is a partner in Mirror, an award-winning restaurant in Nashville, which was recently featured on television’s Food Network. Sales And Marketing Management Magazine called Joe “an expert on developing customer focused teams,” and a National Customer Services Advisory Board called Joe “one of the most innovative and compelling people in customer service.” Joe is the best-selling author of Becoming A Category Of One, which received rave reviews from The New York Times, Retailing Today and many others. He is also the author of Indispensable: How To Become The Company Your Customers Can’t Live Without, and Joe’s newest book is Work Like You’re Showing Off! – The Joy, Jazz, And Kick Of Being Better Tomorrow Than You Were Today.
The TOP 10 HIGHLIGHTS (in no particular order) from the GNE included:
- By example, Philip White, President and CEO of Sotheby’s International Realty specifically called out efforts by RSIR to exercise international real estate networks by successfully closing numerous sales in the Seattle and Bellevue markets to foreign buyers from Asia
- Stacy Jones being on the center screen in a compelling video about leveraging the referral network, which was viewed by the entire audience of more than 1,400 members
- RSIR hosting the Dragon and the Pearls event, which attracted the Pacific Rim affiliates and showcased major West Coast markets – the presentation evolved into an impactful think tank on joint market efforts into Asia (and specifically China)
- Both Dean and Stacy Jones hosted independent panel discussions about leveraging the Sotheby’s Auction house, whereas Stacy spoke of her success hosting events and Dean profiled a valuable auction house referral for a unique property listing in Southeast Alaska
- Andrea Savage hosting more than 200 of the owners and managers as she profiled the latest Collection Magazine to rave reviews (this magazine will be distributed in the Pacific Northwest in July)
- Meeting Erik Wahl personally after he dazzled the audience with this artistry, wit and personal triumph (several RSIR brokers were moved to tears during his performance)
- Sitting poolside before the GNE started officially with members of the RSIR family and introducing new broker recruits that were exploring the brand (later learning that 100% will be joining RSIR)
- Dean Jones was a panelist alongside other marketing leaders within the global network for “The Next Generation of Communications: The Convergence of PR and Social Media” sharing his success stories in promoting real estate through unique platforms
- Wendy Purvey presenting the Anthology package with her trademark passion, which upon conclusion was met with a standing ovation
- Reviewing the feedback from RSIR brokers after the GNE, in their own words, explaining what they experienced (see below)
Pictured Above: (left to right) Andrea Savage, Dean Jones, Maja Butler, Guest and Kristi Nelson.
Pictured Above: Brokers enjoy some of the many side attractions during the evening receptions, including this dress-up photo booth, which would intermittently broadcast on the large screen as wall paper adding a little levity to the event.
To Read Article CLICK HERE
Pictured Above: RSIR and West Coast partners hosted private breakout session for Pacific Rim affiliates (current and prospective) to discuss the rising trends for Asia Pacific buyers to consume US real estate and Dean Jones led a think tank discussion on new ways to build referral networks and raise visibility for local markets overseas