The numbers are here, folks, and they don't lie. We are officially in a spring market in the middle of winter. I can't think of another time when the numbers looked like this - it's been a long while. The good news is that if you are even remotely considering selling your home and have been waiting for the market to be in your favor (aka Seller's Market) well, wait no longer. The other side of the coin is that if you're a buyer...then you don't have as many options as you may like. Be patient as there will be more homes on the market in the next month or so. Either way, it's the perfect time to dip your toes in the the real estate market - it's heating up with no signs of slowing down any time soon.
610 NE Vineyard Lane #A301, Bainbridge Island WA Offered at $875,000 NOW PENDING
Beautiful penthouse in the luxurious Vineyard Lane condos. With lush gardens & contemporary northwest design, this lovely home in the Asti building features 3 bedrooms, a den, 2 decks and a spacious and open floor plan over 2200 sq. ft. Natural light streams in from the south facing windows. High end finishes include bamboo floors, solid surface counters, and beautiful bookcases surrounding a gas fireplace. Elevator access from garage to condo floor. Within walking distance to ferry & Winslow!
"Mom, can we go to Bon Bon?". It's practically a daily request these days for my kids. I'm running out of excuses to say no lately and it doesn't help that they're all dressed up for Valentine's Day in that spectacular little store. The colors, the scent of fresh fudge (made daily in store, I might add), the free samples of fudge, the darling packaging....the list goes on. Bon Bon is the end all candy store carrying every candy you could imagine. From old-fashioned, hard to find candies to a huge variety of imported chocolates and goodies that you can usually only find online to the more familiar candies and chocolates wrapped up in ribbon. Not only will you find every gummy, hard candy, taffy, chocolate bar and truffle imaginable but there is even a wall of licorice! A whole wall is dedicated to the most fantastic flavor of candy out there. I love Bon Bon. They have it all.
For eleven years, Bon Bon has been serving up home made fresh fudge to our community and keeping it interesting with a variety of flavors. There are even seasonal flavors which only come around once a year. Once inside, you're senses are brought alive with the most intoxicating scent of fudge. There's nothing like it. The smell is pure joy and on top of this, they offer free samples (actually, they strongly encourage this free tasting which is pretty brilliant on their part). You cannot actually taste a piece of fudge and then walk out empty handed.
This spot is special not only because of the remarkable variety of treats but also because of the people who work there. You can just tell they are happy (how could you not be happy surrounded by all of that glorious goodness?) and eager to help. You are welcomed in with a hello and encouraged to take your time browsing and sampling. Candy stores always make me smile simply because of the fact that I'm surrounded by sweets, but this one is different. Bon Bon is decorated; dressed up if you will, in sweet doilies, ribbons, and flowers. Every inch of the shop has been tended to with the jars filled up, shelves neatly stacked and pre-measured candies perfectly wrapped up and placed on trays.
I hope that the next time you're on Bainbridge Island you are sure bring your sweet tooth. You will be glad you did, as Bon Bon brings out the kid in all of us.
230 Winslow Way, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
I am proud to announce my newest listing located at 998 Vineyard Lane #J101, Bainbridge Island. This is the second unit I have had the honor to represent in the past 5 months and I couldn't be more pleased! This complex is stunning and is certified Green Built. The privacy is unbelievable. The landscaping is breathtaking. The list of amenities goes on and on.
Known for the beautiful landscaping and Northwest contemporary design, the award-winning Vineyard Lane Condos far outshine any other complex on the island. Located in the Juniper building which houses only 6 units, this rare 2 bedroom flat is perfect for those wanting privacy and one level living. Features include a spacious living room open to the kitchen and dining area, bamboo floors, an oversized master suite and a second bedroom with a Murphy bed to allow a multi-use space. Garage parking spot just steps from your front door.
SOLD for $63,000 over asking price!
998 Vineyard Lane #J101, Bainbridge Island, WA
Sold for $688,000
Here we are in the anticipated new year - January 2018. I love the idea of a "fresh start" or a "clean slate" if you will. The start of a new year brings a renewed chance to make good on the missed opportunities from last year, the unfinished tasks waiting to be completed now can inch up to the top of the list and maybe even one can set some new goals. Which brings me to New Years Resolutions. We know all about New Year's Resolutions, we're supposed to make them, aim high and change our lives for the better. I have to admit though, that I'm not a fan. I find myself setting unreasonable goals which in turn make me feel worse than I did before I made the "resolution"! I know many of us fall into this category and that is why this year I have decided that my resolution won't necessarily be goal setting (though there may be one or two attainable ones thrown in for good measure), but instead I'm setting up new routines. Setting a goal is great and shouldn't be tossed aside but what JUST as important is setting yourself up for success which is done by setting up routines. Once a routine is in place, it becomes a habit and then it's no longer a goal...it's a way of life. Routines like having a glass of water first thing in the morning, reciting affirmations on a daily basis, sitting quietly for 5 minutes...things like this are beneficial to the body and soul and will for sure set you up for success. I'm setting new routines to slow down, take better care of myself and be more in the moment. This is a goal I can reach just by simply noticing the little things and appreciating all that is; good or bad. I invite you all to do the same. Set the goal of creating healthy routines (however big or small) and let one of them be to notice more. We all have busy lives and get caught up in the little aggravations taking us away from the moment. We have control over this...let's do it together.
Happy New Year to you and yours!
Have you done this yet? You MUST do this. This sits at the top of my to-do list every year. However, I have to admit....it's really not my favorite thing jumping into the icy cold waters of the Puget Sound the first morning of January, but one very redeeming factor is the invigorating energy that follows...which is why I recommend it to all. Here on Bainbridge, we have a tradition that many follow which is to meet up at Lytle Beach around noon (arrive early to find parking) and race into the water together to mark the start of the year. This year's weather doesn't show rain and the snow is gone so NO excuses! It's a fun tradition and really great for the kids.
January 1, 2018 at 12:00
From downtown Winslow
1. Head south on WA-305 S toward Winslow Way E
2. Take the 1st right onto Winslow Way E for 0.3 mi
3. Turn right onto Madison Ave N for 0.3 mi
4. Take the 1st left onto Wyatt Way NW for 0.9 mi
5. Turn left onto Eagle Harbor Dr NE for 0.2 mi
6. Continue onto Bucklin Hill Rd NE for 0.3 mi
7. Turn right onto NE Bucklin Hill Rd for 0.2 mi
8. Slight left onto Lynwood Center Rd NE for 1.3 mi
9. Continue onto Pleasant Beach Dr NE for 0.6 mi
10. Turn right onto Lytle Rd NE
See you there!
Homemade Holidays....sounds fun, sounds sweet and even easy, right? Sometimes it can be but then there are those times when you come across a recipe or craft idea, purchase the items required to create said recipe or craft only to find yourself confused or frustrated because the recipe doesn't turn out right or maybe the measurements are incorrect. Well, stay with me here because I have compiled some very easy AND foolproof recipes that are wow-worthy and qualify for wonderful gift giving.
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil (add more or less depending on the consistency you want - this is a very forgiving recipe!)
- 1 Cup Organic Sugar
- 6 tsps. Essential Oil of your choice (some good combinations are: lemon/rosemary; rose/bergamot; citrus/jasmine; peppermint/eucalyptus…be creative and don’t be attached to any particular combination)
Optional ingredients would be: coffee grounds, tea leaves, dried flowers or herbs.
Warm coconut oil in the microwave or on the stove – do not melt. Mix sugar and oils in and combine completely. Spoon into small containers and wrap with a bow!
This one is SUPER easy and the flavors just get better and better.
- 8-10 vanilla beans
- 16 ounces alcohol such as vodka, bourbon, brandy or rum
Split the vanilla beans lengthwise (cut into pieces as well if it makes sense to fit into the jars or bottles) then place one in a clean jar or bottle and cover completely with alcohol, continue with the remaining pods until you've used them all. Cover the jar or bottle with it's lid and give it a good shake. Wrap them up with bows and hand them out as gifts! They will begin to taste like vanilla extract after about a month!
Mood Boosting Room Spray
This one's great because it's also pretty sitting out on the counter!
Nourishing and balancing lavender has been shown to reduce feelings of anger, agitation and insecurity. Combine it with lemon essential oil to help elevate the mood and re-energize a tired mind.
- 1.5 ounces distilled water
- 1.5 ounces vodka or witch hazel (avoid rubbing alcohol if you can)
- 4 ounce spray bottle
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- 15 drops lemon essential oil
- Sprig of dried lavender
Pour the alcohol into a small spray bottle. Add the essential oils and dried lavender and shake well. Add the water and shake again. Spritz around the house whenever you need a lift.
This is just a start. There are literally thousands of homemade gift ideas on the internet but these three are tried and true. Enjoy and Happy Holidays!
Not only do I get to do what I absolutely LOVE for a living, I also get to work with incredible people who end up being dear friends. I'm honored to announce my latest sales involving the most darling couple who have been more than clients over the years. I sold them the Vineyard Lane condo back in 2013 and now they're ready for a change of scenery. We found them their perfect spot in the new Grow Community Development right in town where they are settling in for a convenient lifestyle of walking into town on a daily basis!
13265 Fairfield Place NE
Bainbridge Island, WA
Offered at $1,175,000
Behold this incredible home!! Traditional meets sophisticated elegance in this 4 bedroom updated home in popular Hidden Cove Estates. Architecturally interesting and beautifully appointed, with American cherry hardwood floors, large porches, beams and beautiful millwork & moldings. Recently updated with new carpet, stunning new modern light fixtures & 3 brand new bathrooms with exquisite tile work and interior designer touches. Master bedroom on the main floor with en-suite bath and walk-in closet. Large loft/office/flex space!
This kitchen, steps up from the dining room, is just gorgeous. American cherry flooring, cherry cabinetry, granite countertops and loads of natural light - the cook in you will come alive!
Right off the kitchen is the oversized family room with a gas stove, 2-story vaulted ceilings, ceiling speakers and wide french doors leading to the deck. Informal and inviting, this area is the hub.
Can we talk about this master en-suite bathroom? This bathroom is BRAND NEW. The tile work, the incredible lighting fixtures, the granite counter, separate toilet area.... it all speaks for itself, does it not?
Upstairs is the bonus room overlooking the living room below. Outfitted with a ceiling fan, skylights, vaulted ceilings and ceiling speakers, this room has a million uses.
A roomy bedroom upstairs with a vaulted ceilings, a sweet chandelier and light over the closet offers many options for laying out your space!
Huge bedroom upstairs can easily be used a bedroom for multiple kids! Or, use it as a media room, play room or an oversized, roomy bedroom.
Powder room off the laundry room and family room downstairs.
You will look forward to laundry day with a laundry room like this! With a door leading to the driveway and another door to the garage, this can easily serve as the mudroom you've always needed to keep your entrance clean! Herringbone tile floors add glam while the built-in storage unit/bench hides away all of the family's knickknacks. Neptune Washer/Dryer plus large utility sink with a hanging rod above!
The wrap around porches speak for themselves but let me just point out how large the outdoor furniture is and yet there is still plenty of space to walk around! Outdoor entertaining was never more inticing!
With a firepit, large grassy area and even a small tot-lot in the nearby cul-de-sac, you will find yourself spending more and more time at home and inviting everyone over to play!
Oh boy, we all know the feeling of the looming holidays. It's a mixture of emotions, isn't it? While one of the emotions can be excitement and joy...often times we also feel stress around getting everything done on time and done right. Well, this year needs to be different. This year you need to allow yourself let go of perfection and relax into a most enjoyable holiday. Here are 10 tips to ensure you (and your guests) have a great day!
1) Make it a potluck. There are plenty of reasons to do this but let me just mention the obvious: the first Thanksgiving was a potluck, right? Why not just stay with that theme? Not to mention that everyone wants to feel helpful and this is the perfect way to ensure that everybody gets to do their part in creating the meal. Assign every dish out (unless there are one or two you want to make) so you can focus on preparing your home for guests.
2) Don't want to delegate so much of the cooking? That's fine...but go ahead and do yourself a HUGE favor by measuring out all the ingredients ahead of time. This is a big one because when you're in the thick of it cooking-wise, the time saved by pre-measuring is priceless.
3) Prewash & chop your veggies. Because vegetable sides and salads make up a large part of the dinner, you will save some time by prepping these fresh ingredients before the day of. You can even buy prechopped veggies or use the salad bar at your local grocery store if you're in a pinch.
4) Enjoy your meal buffet style! Buffet style dining is a great choice if you prefer a laid-back, casual atmosphere over a formal dinner with multiple courses.
5) Save oven space by utilizing the Crock-Pot, pressure cooker, and stove-top in addition to the oven on the big day. Go ahead and keep gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, etc. warm in the crock pot!
6) Save precious refrigerator space! Use a cooler for drinks and save room for foods that need to stay chilled to avoid constantly rearranging the fridge! BRILLIANT!
7) Make the cranberry sauce a day or two ahead. Cranberry sauce is something that gets better with age, so save yourself some time on the day of and make it a couple of days ahead of time. Here is a foolproof recipe courtesy of Delish!
8) Put the kids to work! Get them involved in the whole experience by helping set the table, measuring ingredients and filling the cooler with ice. Even if it's just picking up their toys or straightening the living room, the little things add up to big-time help.
9) Be open to semi-homemade items. Not everything has to be made from scratch, especially when you're cooking for a crowd. Remember Sandra Lee? She had a leg up on this whole concept, didn't she?
10) Skip baking altogether. Turn to your local bakeries for some delicious handmade desserts. Why not give yourself a break this year? Our local bakery, Blackbird Bakery, has some of the most delectable treats you will ever have! Flavors like Pumpkin Ginger Cheesecake and Carmelized Apple Pie are off the charts. You can even order pie crust from them! Get your orders in now and you'll be glad you did!
We should all remember that ultimately, Thanksgiving Day is about giving thanks and appreciation to the gifts we have, the people in our lives and the grace we are surrounded with, not the perfection of the event. Cheers!